AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Paid search bounce against natural rankings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a hard time confirming this "officially" for someone. Please provide me with your input so that I can provide feedback. I cannot find a specific spot in Adwords help that states this. This may help me give enough of a voice to confirm case. From what I understand, it doesn't impact the rankings, especially if the analytics account splits organic and paid. 

Will the bounce rate of paid search traffic to my pages affect my natural search ranking?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Paid search bounce against natural rankings

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Maggie,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

AdWords wouldn't have any effect on organic rankings, as they are two separate things. Please follow this article (though it deals with something else) if you're looking for an official resource to confirm this.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Maggie

This is often a common question about a relationship between paid and organic listings.

Google clearly advocates there is no link between paid and organic activity as they are run completely seperately. What may be an ideal situation would be to appear in both the paid and organic listings for a strong KW, combined with a google news entry via G+.

To understand more on the bounce rate using Adwords and Google Analyitics please click here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2617364?hl=en-GB

There is a very good article about this exact subject, with video, https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Buying-AdWords-does-not-improve-your-organic-r...

Aside from this, google also released this statement some time ago:

To this day, we maintain a strict separation between our search business and our advertising business and we do not give any special treatment to Google advertisers.

Hope this helps

Please feel free to message me or skype me

James Edward Goode

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Maggie,

Agree with Sumanth & James here.

Both Search & Organic are two different entities for Google and your Paid traffic does not affect your organic search rank in any way. Your organic listing totally depends on your SEO efforts and not in any way does SEM affect it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you all for your replies and responses! This is exactly what I needed. I really appreciate it.