AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Paid keywords show up under Organic instead of Paid in Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm using Adwords to advertise but when I look at Analytics, all of my search words end up under Organic instead of under Paid searches -- can you explain what I need to do to have it shown correctly? My account is www.soultosoulcommunication.com

Thanks

Leonard Lafrance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Paid keywords show up under Organic instead of Paid in Analytics

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Leonard and welcome to the community!

Are the destination urls auto-tagged or manually tagged.

If this is missing then you would not able to differentiate paid clicks from manual clicks in analytics.

By default, auto-tagging is turned on. You can check whether auto-tagging in on, as well as turn it on or off, by going to the Preferences page under the My Account tab in google adwords.

You can find some more information here on google-

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1733663?hl=en

Cheers

SJ 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Leonard and welcome to the community!

Are the destination urls auto-tagged or manually tagged.

If this is missing then you would not able to differentiate paid clicks from manual clicks in analytics.

By default, auto-tagging is turned on. You can check whether auto-tagging in on, as well as turn it on or off, by going to the Preferences page under the My Account tab in google adwords.

You can find some more information here on google-

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1733663?hl=en

Cheers

SJ 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It turns out that my Adwords and Analytics were not linked even though both used the same email account and the data about searches was showing in Analytics, just in the wrong place. Once I linked the two accounts using Adwords configuration screen (with Google support help), all is working correctly. I still don't quite understand why the linking is not automatic but, hey, I'm only a user.

Cheers,

Leonard