AdWords
1.1K members online now
1.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Paid and Organic Report vs GA Default Channel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I've started to use the Paid and Organic Report, so far a great way to deal with the "notprovided" issue. However, the total numbers differ by a lot from the default channel grouping Organic and Paid Search from google analytics. Keeping in mind that clicks aren't sessions but are supposed to be quite close.

Is anyone else having this problem, or I should take it just as a reference. 

Lets say on March, I got 70k clics on paid search, and 80k on organic according to Adwords. But my GA says Paid Search = 450k Sessions and Organic Search = 250k.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Paid and Organic Report vs GA Default Channel

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As far as I understand the discrepancies could occur due to various reasons like :- time period when you actually import the data from webmasters tool would be taken into consideration and not the historical one.

Also organically your website could attract lot more impression share because there's no restriction in terms of geo-targeting, any language targeting that you might have set inside AdWords.

I hope this helps a bit!

Pankaj