AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Paid & Organic Report: Data differences

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I found this adwords feature really awesome but I am still confused about the aggregated data.

If I compare the adwords data from "Paid & Organic" with the data coming from the google webmaster tool and the data from analytics I get different results. See below my stats from last week:

Keyword A - paid clicks

Adwords "paid & organic": 69 clicks

Adwords "all seach terms": 101 clicks

Google Analytics: 204 clicks

--> Especially the data difference (between "paid & organic" and "all search terms"). But strange is also that although adwords and analytics are linked, I get different results.

Keyword A - organic clicks

Adwords "paid & organic": 51 clicks

Google Webmaster Tool: 60 clicks

Google Analytics: 15 clicks

--> This is also weird because my webmaster tools and adwords accounts are linked and therefore they should supply me with the same data, right?

Does anybody has an idea where the differences are coming from? What data can I trust?

And has anybody seen similar discrepancies?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Tim

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Paid & Organic Report: Data differences

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tim,

One reason of data discrepancies could be the time when you actually linked your accounts because as far as my understanding goes, you will get the report from the time accounts were linked and not the past data.

Could that be one of the situation in your case?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

thanks for your reply.

I linked my accounts 10 days ago and looked only at the last 7 days. So I guess that can not be the reason for the data discrepancies, right?

Thanks!
Tim

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Tim,

As a word of caution I would also like to add that clicks measured in Adwords and visits in Analytics might show discrepancies as well because both (click and visit) are different based on the terminology used in Adwords and Analytics.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google Webmaster Tools and the Adwords Paid and Organic report should be considered "on Google's side of the fence". Google Webmaster Tool data is bucketed / rounded, while Adwords Paid & Organic is not.

Since Google Analytics is not on "Google's side of the fence", it's subject to secured search. Google does not include the keyword used to search for security purposes. Between that and being dependent on Javascript execution, one can expect significantly less clicks per keyword as secured search is rolled out and applied to 100% of Google searches.