AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Paid Clicks = 6,207. None register in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Last month I launched a new site: www.isaislamdankaumwanita.com and have purchased Google Ads for that site.  As of today, during the month of July, 6,207 have clicked on the Ad Group "KW".  Yet, when I check Google Analytics, for the whole month of July, I have only 434 clicks.  Of those 186 are referrals 207 are direct.  Google Analytics does not list one paid click.

Would you please explain this discrepancy?  Thank you.  What must I do to get Google Analytics to record "Paid Clicks?"

Also I have tried to find where my ads are running on the internet.  Until now I can not locate one of them.  Would you please tell me how to locate them?
 Kind regards,

Jeff Gulleson
Email: jgulleson@q.com 
2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Paid Clicks = 6,207. None register in Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

http://support.google.com/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57167

I'm not seeing any data in my AdWords Campaigns report. Why?

AdWords advertisers who have linked their account to Analytics should be able to see their AdWords cost data and destination URL visits data imported into their AdWords Campaigns report (underneath the Traffic Sources section). However, if you don't see any data in your reports, it may be due to a few reasons:

• Your ads are not running as expected

If you're not seeing any click data in your AdWords Campaigns report, check that the advertising campaigns you'd like to track with Analytics are running as intended.

• Cost data and auto-tagging are implemented incorrectly

If your ads are running smoothly and you still don't see any data in your AdWords Campaigns report, then it may be due to a untagged URL or an incorrect implementation of your AdWords cost data. The table below plots the different scenarios that could happen as a result.

Cost data appliedCost data not applied
    Manual tagging

If you manually tag your AdWords ads withsource=google and medium=cpc, then they will show up in the AdWords Campaigns report. You must tag the actual Destination URL, and not a redirect, for manual tagging to record data.

As for your AdWords cost data, it will appear from within the 'Clicks' tab in the AdWords Campaigns report.

Within the AdWords Campaigns report, only the visits data for your AdWords campaigns can be viewed. You won't see any cost data appear inside the 'Clicks' tab.

Auto-taggingThis is the most desired result for people who want both their AdWords cost and visits data to appear in their AdWords Campaigns report. If you've applied cost data and auto-tagged all your links, this scenario should apply to you.

Learn how to apply cost data or auto-tag your destination URLs.

Don't see any cost data to apply from your Profile Settings page? Maybe you haven't linked your AdWords account to your Analytics account yet.

In your AdWords reports, cost data will not appear in the 'Clicks' tab, and all AdWords dimensions such as campaign name, ad group, keyword, etc will show as (not set).

No taggingNo AdWords information will appear in your AdWords Campaigns report. Your AdWords visits data will show up as an 'organic' or 'referral' medium in your Analytics reports.The same scenario will result as the one with no destination URL tagging and applied cost data.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Analytics vs Adwords reporting / data

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello JeffG; welcome

(I merged your two questions into one, since they cover the same topic)

Check these discussions on the same topic :

1. big Analytics and Adwords mismatch
  2. Inaccurate or incomplete Google Analytics data
  3. Beginner struggling to sync Adwords to Google Analytics

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

"Paid Clicks" number 6,207 not showing in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Google Adwords Support Staff:

Last month I launched a new site: www.isaislamdankaumwanita.com and have purchased Google Ads for that site.  As of today, during the month of July, 6,207 have clicked on the Ad Group "KW".  Yet, when I check Google Analytics, for the whole month of July, I have only 434 clicks.  Of those 186 are referrals 207 are direct.  Google Analytics does not list one paid click.

Would you please explain this discrepancy?  Thank you.  What must I do to get Google Analytics to record "Paid Clicks?"

Kind regards,

Jeff Gulleson
Email: jgulleson@q.com
Home Phone: 480-635-1021
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Paid Clicks = 6,207. None register in Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

http://support.google.com/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57167

I'm not seeing any data in my AdWords Campaigns report. Why?

AdWords advertisers who have linked their account to Analytics should be able to see their AdWords cost data and destination URL visits data imported into their AdWords Campaigns report (underneath the Traffic Sources section). However, if you don't see any data in your reports, it may be due to a few reasons:

• Your ads are not running as expected

If you're not seeing any click data in your AdWords Campaigns report, check that the advertising campaigns you'd like to track with Analytics are running as intended.

• Cost data and auto-tagging are implemented incorrectly

If your ads are running smoothly and you still don't see any data in your AdWords Campaigns report, then it may be due to a untagged URL or an incorrect implementation of your AdWords cost data. The table below plots the different scenarios that could happen as a result.

Cost data appliedCost data not applied
    Manual tagging

If you manually tag your AdWords ads withsource=google and medium=cpc, then they will show up in the AdWords Campaigns report. You must tag the actual Destination URL, and not a redirect, for manual tagging to record data.

As for your AdWords cost data, it will appear from within the 'Clicks' tab in the AdWords Campaigns report.

Within the AdWords Campaigns report, only the visits data for your AdWords campaigns can be viewed. You won't see any cost data appear inside the 'Clicks' tab.

Auto-taggingThis is the most desired result for people who want both their AdWords cost and visits data to appear in their AdWords Campaigns report. If you've applied cost data and auto-tagged all your links, this scenario should apply to you.

Learn how to apply cost data or auto-tag your destination URLs.

Don't see any cost data to apply from your Profile Settings page? Maybe you haven't linked your AdWords account to your Analytics account yet.

In your AdWords reports, cost data will not appear in the 'Clicks' tab, and all AdWords dimensions such as campaign name, ad group, keyword, etc will show as (not set).

No taggingNo AdWords information will appear in your AdWords Campaigns report. Your AdWords visits data will show up as an 'organic' or 'referral' medium in your Analytics reports.The same scenario will result as the one with no destination URL tagging and applied cost data.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Analytics vs Adwords reporting / data

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello JeffG; welcome

(I merged your two questions into one, since they cover the same topic)

Check these discussions on the same topic :

1. big Analytics and Adwords mismatch
  2. Inaccurate or incomplete Google Analytics data
  3. Beginner struggling to sync Adwords to Google Analytics

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’