AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Page Speed Load from Source/Meduim = CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an issue with the Page Speed load for the Google AdWords source visitor.

I was looking through the Page Speed load times in Google Analytics and saw one page that was 32 seconds to load - By far the worst load time for any page on the site. What was even worse was that it was a Google AdWords landing page  and product category page for one of our ecommerce client sites.

I dug into it and found that there were 15 visitor sources landing on that page. Average page load time was 22 seconds. However, 60% of the traffic was from Google CPC with an average load time of 32 seconds. All other sources had a load time of <3 seconds. 

What do I do?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Charles,

You should have to increase your landing page speed, Google Page Speed tool can help you to fix the errors. Be make sure your landing page speed should be more than 90%.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Maybe you didn't read the 3rd paragraph of my post. The page loads fine for all source visitors except the Google AdWords visitors. There is no Page Speed Load issues except when the visitor is trying to access the page from clicking on a Google Ad.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

@Charles B: Could you please share the landing page URL? 

I would suggest you to check paid traffic in "Browser and Mobile" tabs under "Audience" in analytics tool. Because, sometimes we face a compatibility issue on browsers and devices and may be that could be a reason.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Roshan Chauhan.

Yes. You have found a deeper insight. The page timings for "paid traffic" segmented by [device category] shows the following speed timings:

https://www.mortongolfsales.com//Callaway-s/192.htm

PAID TRAFFIC

Mobile - 36sec

Desktop - 17sec

Tablet - 0sec

PAID TRAFFIC EXCLUDED (custom segment)

Mobile - 7sec

Desktop - 7sec

Tablet - 2sec

So paid traffic has a 36sec page timing and Non-paid traffic has 7sec.

Can we optimize a page load for source/medium?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Your landing page has 33% page speed on Mobile and 41% on Desktop out of 100% which is really low. Need to fix the errors as soon as possible. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi: Yes. Thanks for the insight to the page optimization.

Still doesn't answer why a user from source Google/CPC is taking 32secondes to load and every other visitor source is 7 seconds or less.

Any insight why there is such a huge variance for the page speed based on source/medium?

C

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

@Charles B: I am not sure why this is happing but when I opened your landing page it took around 3 minutes to open properly. I would like to suggest you to resolve the issues if you found the same problem again, then you need to contact the support center.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Apart from the performances that should be improved (no question...) I would not correlate the traffic source to the low load time. The AdWords destination URL has no effect on the loading time.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Exactly. Now you can see my confusion...

How do I explain that the Load Time for Google/CPC was 36 seconds and non-CPC mobile was 7 seconds?