AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

PPC Ads vs Organic listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, If my ads already ranks well (in the top 3) in organic search results  for a particular search term, is there any benefit to having a well ranking PPC ad in place for that search term? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Malai A
September 2015

PPC Ads vs Orgenic listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, If my ads already ranks well (in the top 3) in organic search results  for a particular search term, is there any benefit to having a well ranking PPC ad in place for that search term? 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Malai A
September 2015

PPC Ads vs Orgenic listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: PPC Ads vs Organic listings

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Malai Answer for this question is depend on your expectation from the campaign . 

1st read this thread , this thread contain same question and answered briefly 

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Own-brand-name-targeting/td-p/75416

In my opinion yes I would go with advertising because of few reasons.

1. Your brand might show top in the organic search, but this might not show on the 1st place for all the keywords related to your industry

2. There can be competitors who use your brand name as a keyword which makes their ad to show over you.

3. You can customized the ad, not the organic search. You ad site links, location extentions , call extentions as you wish 

Hope this helps 

Re: PPC Ads vs Organic listings

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As Nisal mentioned, the biggest benefit I see, is that you can have control over the text  of the ad-copy, and if your ad is ranked among the 3 top postions,  you could have sitelinks  which make you business more visible than on organic listing. (Unless you are #1 also in organic)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’