AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

PLA Tracking in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up a PLA campaign in Adwords and it has been performing very well according to the Adwords conversion pixel.  However in Google Analytics it is not included within the reporting for Adwords.  Through some deductions I determined it is being attributed to Google/Organic, but even within that report it isn't broken out, it is simply rolled into organic.

According to another question posted in the forum it is not neccesary to use the adwords_redirect field to manually tag the feed. If that isn't the case, what is needed to get Analytics to correctly pull my PLA campaign into the Adwords reporting?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: PLA Tracking in Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

if your accounts are linked and if you have enabled auto-tagging, you should see the correct data in Analytics. If the accounts are not linked, if auto-tagging is not enabled and you're also not using manual tagging, there's no way for Analytics to know that the clicks are coming from an AdWords campaign, be it PLA, search or display ads.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Where exactly would one go to see a report to show PLA stats in adwords assuming everything was tagged?

I have auto-tagged, manually tagged, and everything else under the sun and I see it in the Organic numbers as well. (based on a reduction in spend and seeing the organic fall directly inline with the reduced spending).

Thanks,

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

They should never fall under organic. A PLA campaign, in an auto-tagged AdWords campaign, shows under Advertising - AdWords - Campaign - Campaign name in Google Analytics.

I'm talking about European campaigns here. I don't know what happened in the US after moving from free Google Shopping to paid Google shopping. If one only had a former shopping account and did nothing, and now is paying based on what the Merchant Center shows, it could be possible to show in organic if the campaign is not managed via AdWords.

But what I always do is to create a separate, dedicated PLA campaign and then everything shows up correctly.

What is your setup?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have the same problem. Auto tagging is in place and our Google Adwords / Analytics accounts are linked. All PPC campaigns appear within Google Analytics (including the PLA campaign). All regular PPC campaigns report accurately but the Product Listing Ads campaign does not report anything correctly in Analytics. Visits show 4 when Adwords shows 577 clicks. Transactions show 0 in analytics when adwords shows 32. etc etc.

Anyone else have this problem that Google Analytics does not show accurate data for Adwords PLA campaigns?