AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Overreporting in Goals tracking for conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords conversions overeport.jpgI am wondering if anyone knows of a change to AdWords that would affect the way tracked conversions are being reported? Starting in the second week of May, the reports for conversions in AdWords have clearly duplicated themselves somehow. I've checked all the change-logs and no one on my team has changed anything significant, so I'm thinking it must be something on the AdWords side of things that has either changed or is pulling multiple things into one channel.

Appreciate any help anyone out there can lend to me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Did you try mapping the data with the actual number of leads in your database or CRM system where you are storing the leads?

Also, it would depend upon what type of conversion actions are you measuring and whether there are duplicate codes across the goal conversion page. In case you have multiple codes on the page, that would lead to data discrepancies as well.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

Nothing has been changed in any of the codes, or in the way we're measuring conversion actions, as far as my team can tell. So even if there were multiple codes on the page, they were fine as is right up until Monday, May 8.

I will relay your suggestion to my team regarding mapping the data in the db, maybe that will help, thanks.