AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Overlap and Position rate - what do they mean?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Leslie.  My impression share is 44.8 percent, Average position is 3.2; but nothing shows for Overlap rate or Position Above rate.  My top of Page rate is 36.14 per cent.  Why are there no figures for Overlap rate or Position Rate, and what do these headings mean?  How could I improve my Top of Page Rate. Cheers Paul

Re: Overlap and Position rate - what do they mean?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Paul V ! Welcome to the AdWords Community

The metrics that you describe are from the Auction Insights report.Please read the following Help Article to learn more about them :

Using auction insights to compare performance

1) "Why are there no figures for Overlap rate or Position Rate" . I am going to assume that you are referring to the first row of data like in this picture. Those 2 columns are to measure how well you are performing compared to others, for your first row it would make no sense to compare you with yourself.

2) "How could I improve my Top of Page Rate." By bidding higher on that keyword , or group of keywords for which you selected to view Auction Insights. Also you need a high Quality Score for those keywords in order to be accepted in the first 3 slots , if you already have a QS of 10/10 then just bid higher to gain more impressions for the top of page. Use features to increase relevancy of your Ads and increase CTR like descriptive sitelinks, call or location extensions. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Doh!.......I jumped into the question without thinking through the logic of the column headings. Sorry for asking a dumb question. Will work on my quality score and bids to get to top of page. Thanks for your patience Adrian!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Any question is welcome , I am eager as you to learn, I am just another user from across the planet.

Thank you for returning and feel free to post any question, any time.