AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Organizing my campaigns

dbm
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
dbm
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are in the beginning stages of setting up our campaign.  We have a service industry business and want to target specific areas. We also want to be able to measure results. We are trying to figure out the best way to organize the campaigns. Can we target more than one area in a campaign--we do business in 5 markets, 5 different towns. Would we be able to see where the clicks are coming from using one campaign and one budget, or do we need to have a campaign and budget for each market. This may not make sense, but we are concerned that if we have one campaign for all the markets, we won't be able to tell where the clicks are coming from.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Organizing my campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi dbm,

I would suggest 5 different campaigns for 5 different markets simply because the competition for your keywords may be different in each which will in turn have an effect on your CPCs.

Also, having a separate camapign will let you have separate budgets. You can spend more on the region giving you more conversions.

You will be able to identify the regions from where you are getting clicks and conversion in either case(1 or multiple campaigns).

If you prefer more detailed reports, I would suggest installing the Google Analytics code across your site.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello dbm,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

In addition to spot on response from Shweta, you might be interested in reviewing this interesting article which guides you how to organize your campaigns, ad groups etc... inside Adwords account for optimal usage.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

dbm wrote:

We are in the beginning stages of setting up our campaign.  We have a service industry business and want to target specific areas. We also want to be able to measure results. We are trying to figure out the best way to organize the campaigns. Can we target more than one area in a campaign--we do business in 5 markets, 5 different towns. Would we be able to see where the clicks are coming from using one campaign and one budget, or do we need to have a campaign and budget for each market. This may not make sense, but we are concerned that if we have one campaign for all the markets, we won't be able to tell where the clicks are coming from.

dbm wrote:

dbm wrote:

dbm wrote:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭