AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Optimizing Target CPA bidding when few conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm using Target CPA bidding and I track paying clients as conversions.

Some of my ad groups have few conversions (1-5 per month) and I understand that could be a problem since the AdWords guidelines says "we recommend that you have at least 30 conversions in the past 30 days".

So, Instead of using "paying clients" as conversions, perhaps I should use for example "account created" as conversions?

This way I will get 10 times more conversions and since I know 10% of these people will pay, I will at the same time change my target CPA bid to 10% of my old value.

Does this sounds like a brilliant idea or do you have any other suggestions?

Optimizing Target CPA bidding when few conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Maybe bid strategy "target return on ad spend (ROAS)" could work in this case?

Lets say I set ROAS bid to 200% and I start to track two types of conversions and assign different values to them:

"sign up" value $10 (10% of these will purchase)

"purchase/sale" value $90 (purchase is worth $100-$10 from sign up value already added above)

This way AdWords will will get much more conversions to work on compared to what they get now (when only tracking purchase/sale) and still a purchase will get a bigger impact then a lead (sign-up).

Sounds good? Or what would you do when having ad groups with few conversions but still want to use a target bid strategy?