AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Only site listed in Auction Insight Report

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all! I was wondering why is my site the only one listed in my Auction Insight Report when looking at all campaigns, but when I drill down into individual campaigns it shows 1 to 3 of my competitors. My campaigns are all identical except for locations targeted & budget.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Auction Insight is a statistical tool. Not all competitors are shown. Google does not disclose the model it uses  to determine which competitors are shown.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @MosheTLV. I didn't expect to see all competitors listed, but typically there are 10 to 15 listed when looking at all campaigns. Usually the only reason data isn't displayed is due to lack of enough time to collect the data, or because I've drilled down into an Ad Group with too little data.

I'm more questioning why do I have less data when "zoomed out" to all campaigns than when drilled down into a single campaign?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Google says the following which  doesn't reveal much: Smiley Surprised

>>"This report provides information on other advertisers who participated in the same auctions as you. This doesn't indicate that the other advertisers have the same advertising settings as you. The other advertisers' metrics shown are based only on instances when your ads were also estimated to be eligible to appear. This report won't reveal the actual keywords, quality, bids, or settings from your campaigns, and it won't give you insight into the same information for others.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’