AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

One GA goal imported into Adwords, but 3 show in adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi
I had a go at importing one GA goal into Adwords and i got 3, would anybody know why this would happen.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One GA goal imported into Adwords, but 3 show in adwords

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi ulefos,

Thanks for posting to the Community. Does it show as 3 goals with the same name in AdWords? And are you seeing this on the "Conversion Actions" page under Tools > Conversions?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie
Yes the 3 goals all have the same name, the only difference I see is that the category, is the same on 2.
Yes I am seeing this on the conversion action page.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi ulefos,

Is it possible that you've created the same goal three times in Analytics?

To check, log in to Analytics and go to your Admin section. Make sure to select the account, property, and view that are linked with the AdWords account, and go to the Goals area. From here, you should see a list of all created goals, including which one are currently recording.

Hopefully it will be easy to narrow those three goals down to the "right" one, and you can turn off any that are not recording or that are duplicates, and remove them from your conversions in AdWords as well.

Let me know if you don't find those goals in Analytics.
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi CassieH
Just I went through your suggestion, account, property and view and i can see the one that I'm recording all the others are off. I decided to turn all goals off, created another goal and then imported that one. Just waiting now to see if they work.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi ulefos,

Thank you for the update.When there are multiple goals and we're not sure which is the "right" one, starting fresh is a good way to proceed. Please let me know if for any reason the new goal does not begin tracking.

Cassie