AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Ommi Channel Tracking for leads generation

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adwords Fans, 

I have a few question regarding to tracking the performance of leads generation campaign, Due to my business focusing with financial products. So we would have 3 - 5 different products that including Car Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Travel Insurance and Credit cards and I using 5 different tracking code to track conversion of each products. 

But we have found the issues was the conversion cross over together in Google Analytics, An example the customer come to our website by Life Insurance keywords but they made the conversion for Car insurance products. So we can't track the conversion exactly according to the final page of car leads generation have not conversion for life insurance campaign. But I can know by UTM & Goal setting from analytics. Then we get high CPL such as once the conversion was made from Life but they came by car campaign, The adwords can't reconize the conversion leads and will not calcualate the CPL according to conversion was created. 

So is that anyway to solve this issue or is possible to have 1 conversion tracking code and using for different products. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ommi Channel Tracking for leads generation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

By default Google Analytics works on the last non direct click attribution model and AdWords work during the Time of last ad click before conversion. So both platforms assign different value to different clicks. I believe you could create the custom attribution model inside Google Analytics as per your custom needs and see the data flow accordingly.

More details around that could be found here:- https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6148697?hl=en&ref_topic=3205717#CreateCustomModel

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Apiwat,

it is not easy solution. Taking it backwards. Assume that everything is already done. What you want to do, when you will know, that visitors from Life Insurance campaign order Credit Cards? Change web or change bidding or ads?

However you can check assisted conversions to know which campaigns lead to more conversions.

I think you can do later upsell or cross sell via remarketing or RSLA or email marketing to your other products and have lower CPL from concrete consumer.

BTW "I using 5 different tracking code" - what tracking code? Google Analytics?

Tomas

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for replied, The different tracking code is an Adwords conversion tracking. So once some customer was made the conversion cross over together wouldn't count as leads back to our account right ?. Because if my customer come to landing page via Life Insurance keywords then conversted as Car Leads.

That's why I need to know regarding to how can we tracking the conversion cross account between life, car, health and credit card, While the adwords still get the conversion back to theirs account / campaign.