AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Offline Conversion Uploads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have been on the phone with Google Adwords Support and they don't seem to know about this particular method of uploading offline conversions:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6275629

My question is the following:

How does Google Adwords relate these calls/sales back to the original Google Adwords Click?

We use the Google Forwarding number to track calls to the website. I assume that this csv template they provide will use the Caller ID of the customer, and the date/time stamps to match a call that came into the Google Adwords forwarding number?

Is this how it works? Can someone confirm? All the reps I have spoken with, redirect me to the Google Adwords API where we need to supply the Google Click ID. In this template that Google provides there is no GCLID and therefore I assume my above mentioned statement is true.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Offline Conversion Uploads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Caesar,

#1 If you're using call extension or call-only ads then you won't need to import conversions since Google's Forwarding Number will track them for you after a conversation reaches the minimum amount of time you designated.

#2 If you're tracking phone calls from your website there are multiple ways to track the conversion without importing data such as (a) inserting a conversion tag in your website when someone clicks to call or (b) creating an 'event' in Analytics that fires every time someone clicks to call and then you could turn that 'event' into a 'goal' and import said 'goal' into Analytics.

Does this help?

- Josh
Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Offline Conversion Uploads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, we are tracking calls from the website. The issue is users are dialing the number manually on their phones, there is no way to link the call to the Ad they clicked. We use Google Forwarding numbers so the idea would be to import the CSV file like the link I provided above with the callers information, date, etc. and I assume google will link it with the Clicks using that information.