AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Offline Conversion Tracking Setup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My upload file is ready with last 1 year signups. Before uploading, I wanted to clarify a few queries which are listed below.

1. In the Google click ID column, should it be 'gclid=CKPnpu234512312Wkjfs123' or just 'CKPnpu234512312Wkjfs123'?

2. Would it override my existing 1 per click or many per click conversions? I don t want that to happen.

3. Will uploading offline conv. create another seperate column under conversion segments?
i.e. right now we see converted clicks, conversions, est. total conv and post upload there will be a column reporting offline conversions?

Thanks,

Vikram

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Offline Conversion Tracking Setup

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Vikram,

As per the help center reference, you need to create a new conversion type called Import before importing offline conversions happening in the physical world.

You just need to save that GCLID ID number as per my understanding.

This is the Excel default Template which you should be using to update all leads infromation before importing: http://www.gstatic.com/conversiontracking/conversion-import-template.xls

Find more technical details around the procedure here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

thanks. i am all set with the upload but want to clarify a few things before uploading it. the main one is

My upload file is ready with last 1 year signups in following sample format. Before uploading, I wanted to clarify a few queries which are listed below.

Will uploading offline conv. create another separate column under conversion segments?
i.e. right now we see converted clicks, conversions, est. total conv and post upload there will be an additional column reporting offline conversions as well?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Vikram,

I don't think that there will be any separate column something like Offline Conversions in addition to Converted Clicks and Conversions. But yes, you can customize your columns and add the Conversion Action Name(i.e. which you have done while configuring the conversion action). So when you will review the data of your different conversion action names, you will how many of your offline conversions have been updated in terms of various metrics available in the interface.

I hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
in that case,

the total conversions will become a sum of online tracked conv + offline imported conv. right?

and the column 'converted clicks' will remain unaffected? I ask cz i m using CPA bidding using 1-per-click conversions