AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Offline Conversion Error - Click too old and missing conversion type

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys

I'm having issues uploading offline conversions. I've followed the guides but getting errors.

Error 1: This click is too old for its conversion to be imported

Is there a time constraint on the upload? Does this have anything to do with conversion window? If so, how can I import a conversion that happened years ago?

Error 2: We cannot find an import conversion type with this name in the target account

I've followed the guide on this, setup the conversion actions, made sure the spreadsheet uploaded matches the conversion action names. Also, under "Conversions", the new conversions have the status Unverified. Is this an issue?

Also, I'm uploading 3k+ conversions, but only got 900 errors and 0 success in preview. Should it not fail for all of them? I'm getting a feeling some rows are not processed at all.

Many thanks for your assistance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Offline Conversion Error - Click too old and missing conversion type

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi!

Great questions.

1. Google will only import offline conversions that are up to 90 days old. They won't import past that.

2. How recently did you create the conversion action in AdWords for importing the offline conversions? It usually takes 4+ hours after you create the conversion action before Google will recognize what you're uploading.

Can you include a screenshot of the conversion action and the status column?

Thanks!

John

Re: Offline Conversion Error - Click too old and missing conversion type

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John

Thanks for the reply.

It's been now almost 6 hours, but still failing to upload.

Screenshot from 2017-07-31 18-41-39.png

The 90 days limit is rather disappointing, I wonder what was the decision behind that. In any case, I appreciate your help. 

Re: Offline Conversion Error - Click too old and missing conversion type

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Thanks for the screenshot!

Here are a couple of additional ideas:

1. It looks like the Source you have selected is "Website". You'll actually want the Source "Import from clicks". Here's an example:

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 8.58.21 AM.png

2. Based on the screenshot you provided, it looks like you're using the new AdWords interface. The new interface can be a little buggy sometimes, so you could test uploading them in the old interface to see if that makes a difference.

I hope that helps! Let me know if that doesn't resolve the problem.

Best,

John