AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

OMG!!!! I keep getting a message stating that my tag is not in the right place. I need big help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is the message I am getting. I can not figure out how to fix this. Please help me. My tag icon is red.
Tracking code placement
A site using frames should include the tracking code in the <head> section of the frameset (parent) page, as well as directly before the </head> tag of each child frame that you want to track. If you place your tracking code within a <noframe> tag thinking that this is equivalent to the body, the code will not run and no data will be recorded.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author HammerandNails w
November 2016

Re: OMG!!!! I keep getting a message stating that my tag is not in the right place. I need big help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for all the info Pete. We are so blessed there are people around
like you willing to share your knowledge. I am only showing You Tube videos
right now. I will keep looking for the header...

View solution in original post

OMG!!!! I keep getting a message stating that my tag is not in the right place. I need big help.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Suggest you install the Google tag assistant for Chrome. Then run it on a page where you have the Tag installed.  Often it will help you understand the issue in more detail.

The tag may be installed right after the <head> tag.

hth

Re: OMG!!!! I keep getting a message stating that my tag is not in the right place. I need big help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is already installed with Chrome...I still don't understand. Where do I
find the tag? or for that matter, the "head"?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi HammerandNails w,

All html documents should have a head section. That's where you define things like the page title. The head section of your document starts with <head> and ends with </head>. Are you using a CMS system? If so, you'll need to look at that documentation to find out how to do this.

A site with frames has a top frame page, called the frameset. This page should have a head section. You should include the tracking code in the head section of the page. Within the frameset are individual frames. Each of the documents in all of the frames should have the tracking code placed in the head section as well.

That's what the message says anyway. You may need to contact your webmaster to figure this out.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author HammerandNails w
November 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for all the info Pete. We are so blessed there are people around
like you willing to share your knowledge. I am only showing You Tube videos
right now. I will keep looking for the header...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You repli aae fillfill with great info ad I thank you for attepting to to help me. I have GoogleTag and chrome inttalled. These messages are coming from the tag assistant after tyng to record tag activity from you tube channel.