AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Not sure what account our Analytics ID is linked to. Help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently joined the organization and am not sure what account our Analytics ID is linked to. Help? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not sure what account our Analytics ID is linked to. Help?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Anna,

If you're able to log in to your Analytics account, you can follow these steps to find the AdWords customer ID linked:

1. Click on Admin on the top
  2. Select the right account and property
  3. Click on AdWords linking under the respective property to find the AdWords customer ID

Please refer the first screenshot in this article.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Anna E,

Can you please explain your question?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, thanks. I set up an account so that we could use google analytics to track traffic on our website. When I sent the information to our web admin, he told me that there was already an analytics ID set up. But, I am new and there have been a number of people who left the organization, so I am not sure how to access the site, as I do not know what or whose account it is linked to. With only my ID, can I set up a new page or link it to my current google account?

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the response. I am not able to log in, because I do not know whose account it is linked to.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Thanks for explaining, Anna!

It is possible to find out the Analytics Web Property ID from your website, but there isn't a way to find the admin email address or even related details. In fact Google is very strict in these matters as there are legal implications. I've known people who contacted support for similar issues and they were asked to contact the admin who set it up, as Google cannot disclose admin details.

You can create a Google Analytics account with your log in email and replace the old code on your website with the new one. However, I'd suggest trying your best to find the admin and get yourself access, as you'd be losing all the valuable data if you start up again.

Sorry, but there's no other way around this Smiley Sad

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sumanth,

We have had so much turnover that I really do not have a clue whose name it is under. Is there a way to get the email to determine who it might be and then I can reach out to them? I am sure that I am not the first person to have this same issue.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Hi Anna,

I was able to find this site that could possibly be of help to you. Here's a group discussion around this issue on the Analytics Product Forum and here's how you can find the Analytics account number.

Let me know if you were successful in recovering the account.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Hi Anna,

Any luck yet?

I learnt from this article that the account could be recovered, provided a few things are in place. Just wanted to share it here Smiley Happy

- Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar