AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Not sure is my Conversion code place correctly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had two conversion code. One is for someone click on my email address and send me email, another is someone submit a form. I place conversion code inside <a> tag(Email). Another one I place the code at thank you page (form). Is it correct? I tried click and send email to me and submit a form, but nothing happen. Need advice.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mai P
February 2016

Re: Not sure is my Conversion code place correctly.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You can track both.

For clicks on email you can go through the related thread:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Can-we-track-leads-of-email...

For conversion through form:
Have to tried the live conversion through adwords ads?
Check if the code is properly placed.

Use the GA account for better details and tracking.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mai P
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You can track both.

For clicks on email you can go through the related thread:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Can-we-track-leads-of-email...

For conversion through form:
Have to tried the live conversion through adwords ads?
Check if the code is properly placed.

Use the GA account for better details and tracking.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Mai,

For your email link, my best suggestion would be to use a Google Analytics event for this which would be set up as a Goal. This can be easily imported to AdWords when the two platforms are linked.

For the form submission, placing the AdWords conversion code on the confirmation/thank you page is correct.

Don't forget, in order for conversions to be reflected in AdWords, an ad click must occur first.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’