AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Not receiving all the adwords data to analytics, only some.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I have googled this problem, but havent found any answer for it. 

Problem is that I am not getting analytics data for some of my ( well, actually only one ) adwords campaigns. All the other campaigns are receiving bounce rate, avg. visit duration, etc. just fine. 

Can somebody help me out and tell me whats wrong? 

Cheers, 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not receiving all the adwords data to analytics, only some.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

One of the major reason for campaign not receiving data under Google Analytics account could be that the campaign is not tagged properly and landing pages which you are using for this campaign might not have the correct Google Analytics script on them.

I am not sure if you have turned on the auto tagging or not under your Adwords account, but in case it is on, then another reason could be that auto tagging is not supported by the landing pages whch you are using in that campaign. To eliminate this possibility, try appending the landing page URL with some parameter like ?gclid=xyz123 and see if it lands to the correct page or not.

I hope the campaign you are referring to here is turned on and not in pause state.

Another possibility I could think of could be that Analytics track visits and not clicks. So there might be chances that Adwords campaign has not received sufficient clicks and that the users simply clicked on your ad and doesn't actually land up on your destination URL. In that case, Analytics will not record a visit until a page fully loads up.

Kindly read this informative article describing the discrepancies arising between the two (Adwords and Analytics).

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Re: Not receiving all the adwords data to analytics, only some.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi hallop,

Is the non-functioning adwords campaign for the same domain? If not, sign into your analytics account, click on Admin (upper-right corner), then select the data sources tab. In the list of data sources, you should see your AdWords account. Since your other campaigns are functioning properly, I will assume the account data is correct.

To the right of the account data is a button for "Usage in Analytics" that shows the number of profiles connected. Click on that and make certain the domain profile is checked.

That's the only idea I have at the moment.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords