AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Not many look for my service. Am I right?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I own a service business and run both a search and display campaign.

Here are my March 2013 Search Network only- ALL Features results.
Impressions- 3207  Search Impression Share-83.87%  Search Lost-16.13%

Search Exact Match Impression Share-93.35%  Lose due to budget-0%

If my math is correct I lost 640 impressions which would have given me a

total of 3847 impressions total on the search network if I had 100% search

impression share. That number seems low to me, anyone else? Got 12

clicks on search for the month. Thank You all.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not many look for my service. Am I right?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Your math is correct and that figure is the total number of searches available for the time-frame you're viewing. I would not be concerned that you do not have 100% impression share. It can take a lot of time to optimize a campaign to that point and even after you do, you may find that the bids are too high to be cost-effective.

It's difficult to offer any other advice with the data you've given. We can't see how much of your traffic came from search and how much from display--or where your clicks came from. So, very generally, I would suggest that breaking out your Search and Display advertising into separate campaigns is usually considered a 'best practice' and certainly makes it easier to optimize performance for the different networks. 

Aside from that, it sounds to me as though you need to focus on improving your ad messaging. 3200+ impressions and 12 ad clicks is a very poor ratio. It sounds as though the people searching are seeing your ads and are not finding them attractive enough to click on. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You Theresa for your response. I do run two separate ad campaigns, one on search only

network ,all features and naturally the other is on the display network only. I have my advanced

targeting settings on both ads set to : people in your targeted location. Thanks again for the reply,

just trying to see if these numbers were telling me anything. Thank You everyone.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Did you have further questions?  If you did, please feel free to post them!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*