AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Not all conversions importing from Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

I've seen this before with other accounts, but it's been years and I can't remember what I previously found...

The only conversion I have set up in AdWords is imported transactions from GA. Data sharing and all that are enabled. The account has historically imported conversions to about +-5% accuracy. This month however, AdWords is reporting 30% lower than GA.

I can narrow down to a single keyword, that may show 5 conversions in GA, but 3 in AdWords. 

Clicks/impressions/cost are 100% accurately importing into GA. It's only going the other direction that is a problem. I am only looking at data more than 72 hours old. I've checked time lag, and all conversions in GA are happening within 30 days.

And to be totally clear. This is NOT adwords conversion tracking. This is transactions imported from GA.

What am I forgetting to look at?

Re: Not all conversions importing from Analytics

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Jay,

Usually for the following two reasons there is discrepancy in the data

1- You may not be taking into account the ongoing 2-day importing delay.
2- You may be trying to compare Goals and transactions from ALL traffics sources, rather than just those from google/cpc.

Re: Not all conversions importing from Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sayem,
- I am only looking at data >72 hours old.
- I am only looking at AdWords data in GA (using both the Source/Medium reports and the AdWords repots)