AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Not Set trafic from Adwords in Analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am starting another post, but here filtay seems to have the same kind of issue:
Not set trafic coming from Adwords campaign.

Let me explain my situation:

I ran Youtube / display (banner) & search campaigns.
I suspect the Not Set trafic was coming from the Youtube or the Display campaigns.
The tough part is that the Not set trafic do not match with any number of my Youtube or the Display campaigns!
I guess the Not Set trafic represents a part of the trafic from one of my campaigns.
All I can say Is that this Not Set trafic bad stats (bounce rate, time on the site) comparing to my other Display campaigns.

My questions:

• Where does the Not set trafic come from? Youtube? Display?
  • If it is Youtube, which format on my Youtube campaign can generate the Not set trafic ( Insearch, Indisplay, Instream)?

Thanks for your help

Thomas

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rhys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Not Set trafic from Adwords in Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi pilgrim411

Check this discussion with explanation and points to verify:

Google Analytics shows "notset" under "Advertising Campaign"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ONe (Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Thomas,

First and the main reason of getting not set traffic inside Google Analytics is due to the fact that campaigns are not properly tagged due to which Analytics script is unable to identify the source of those campaigns and have marked them as not set.

Look for the following steps:-

Do you have auto tagging enabled? (Go to my account>> preferences and see the status)

Have you properly linked Adwords with Analytics.?

Sometimes auto tagging doesn't work quite effectively and you tend to see not set visits from Adwords in your Google Analytics account. So the alternative is to manually tag the Campaign URLs and disable auto tagging.

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for sharing this info guys. Even I sometimes get confused why I got not set.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Your adwords add settings are not upto the mark. Make those settings correction. Increase bid, reset the location and then try it.

Ishrosh

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

For the guys advertising on Youtube using Instream format and who do not understand the Not Set Trafic:

Your Instream Campaign is shown as Not Set (that is the case for me)

Cheers