AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Noindex and nofollow tags effect on Adwords and Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does noindex and nofollow tags have ANY effect on Adwords and Analytics? Regarding tracking, remarketing etc.?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Noindex and nofollow tags effect on Adwords and Analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
No effect at all.

In fact, that very question is bizarre. It suggest your have no idea how any of the technologies involved work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I dont know how they work but i know what they do, kind of.. So i want to be sure.. Thank you!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marko 1
May 2016

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hey Marko, how are things?

The meta "no index no follow" won't have any effect on Adwords, so don't worry about it Smiley Happy

One thing to keep in mind though, is that there may be some conflicts on the file robots.txt. There're cases when you block Google bots on robots.txt and your ads on Adwords cannot be verified and get disapproved, so watch out for that.

This page below have more information about it under "Excluding your landing pages from review": https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en

Hope this helps.
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Noindex and nofollow tags effect on Adwords and Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To Micheal: People aren't born knowing if noindex nofollow tags would affect GA or Adwords conversion tracking. I've been doing SEO for 6+ years and I work for Google (through Cognizant) and I came here with the same question. Geez. I was almost 100% sure that they're not linked, but even that 0.1% chance of the tags affecting GA/Adwords conversion tracking would ruin much of what I' trying to do for my client, so why not spend the extra minute to make sure. As anyone in SEO/SEM/Analytics should know, being precise and meticulous is so important.