AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

No tracking of Search Conversions for Mobile App

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

We're running a campaign for a mobile app on Search and the GDN. However, we only seem to get conversions for the GDN campaign only. Our conversions are 'downloads' of the app, not actual in-app purchases. The app is also free.
The Search campaign gets a lot of clicks for it to now show any downloads. I've read here that the mobile app installs as conversions are not available for Search campaigns, however, this was a bit dated and now sure what holds true at the moment.

Couldn't find any Google source specifically stating something about search other than this, https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095881.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No tracking of Search Conversions for Mobile App

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for posting to the Community. The AdWords Help Center is up-to-date and conversion tracking is currently not available for Mobile App Install campaigns on Search.

Sorry for any confusion,

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Cassie, thanks for the clarification.

However, this is a bit confusing since in the last week we've seen a total of 4 conversions recorded for said SEARCH campaign which is for mobile app installs (app downloads). Why is that so? Is it being rolled out now?
Thanks for your help!

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Andreas,

No plans to launch this yet that I know of! I can't say for sure without seeing your account, but you should be able to drill down into this by segmenting by Conversions > Conversion Name. Then you can check how you've set up that conversion action in Tools > Conversions to find out what exactly is being tracked.

Hope this helps,
Cassie