AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

No quality score for CPM ads?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Why isn´t there any figure in the column "QS" for rows with CPM ads in this scheme?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: No quality score for CPM ads?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 11
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
DN does indeed have quality scores but if you are using CPM bidding the CTR on your ads is not considered in the quality score calculations and it's based solely on landing page quality.

http://support.google.com/adwords/agency/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=10215

View solution in original post

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Because CPM is talked about on the display network in this instance as an image ad on a placement. There is no QS on the display network.

However, I can see the confusion because the above is true for items 4 and 5 in the table, but then item 6, which is also display network, has a QS next to it. I have no idea why that is. I think it's an error.

Cheers

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Humm @jackportersmith

This is interesting look at this link http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=152234

"When you choose cost-per-click (CPC) pricing for a campaign targeted only with placements, your clickthrough rate is also factored into your Quality Score.

If you have keywords and placements in the same ad group, the quality score won't be used to determine the Display Network placements where your ad can appear. But it will be used to rank and position your ads on Display Network placements."

What do you make of this?

Regards

Nik'

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

That is interesting.

I don't know, maybe things have changed but I've always been under the impression that the display network does not have a QS of its own and it does not affect the QS of other search campaigns in the account.

Either it's a new development or I've been mistaken all along.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

QS is calculated for the Display Network, as well as Ad Rank;

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=48863

@David_Precisera; It seems that there is an erratum in the link you gave

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Moshe,

I see that the article you linked was updated on 20/03/12. Does this mean the policy change is very recent or for how long has this been the case? It definitly didn't used to be.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Re:Quality Score on Display Network

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Jack;

Technically the QS for Display was in place from the early days. It is true though, that because you can't have much influence on its value (because the relevancy to placements - web pages you don't have control of the content), it hasn't been as "visible" and as known as his "older brother": "Search QS". It is just lately, with the change in Display tab, (that let you bid on specific keywords on Display, Vs. all key words performing as a theme), that "Display QS" has grasped more attention.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Re:Quality Score on Display Network

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks everyone,

an erratum was just what I guessed. Would be nice though, if we could have someone from Google to confirm it (and perhaps update the scheme... : )

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I think that QS metrics for us is available only for Keywords.

At Ads level, QS doesn't appear even in Search network.

Although, now QS is applicable for display network as well, but I don't think so that we can see it yet at keyword or at Ad level.

~Rehan

~Rehan

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi All,

There has always been a QS for keywords on the display network, but that QS has never been shown in the interface. DN QS has no effect on search QS.

Ads don't get a QS, but they do get a predictive score or "relevance" factor. It is used when calculating ad rank.

Best,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords