AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

No paid data in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I have been running an Adwords campaign for a client for quite a while. 

Since a few weeks no data is showing under 'Paid' and when I click on Adwords in Analytics it only shows the clicks, costs and cpc. No futher data like bounce % etc. I have connected Adwords and Analytics and it used to work fine, I also read many similar topics but I could not find a solution. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No paid data in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Update, I noticed that some links in my campaign were not working properly....I have changed them now, do you think that will solve it?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Paolo,

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm thinking that maybe your website is removing GCLID parameters added by AdWords, or maybe autotagging isn't turned on.

If you only see the cost, click and CPC data, but no site behavior data, than my thought is that maybe AdWords is sending campaign data to Analytics because they are linked, but because you either don't have autotagging turned on, or your website removes the glid parameter, it doesn't collect the session data for the clicks. Instead the sessions are reported under direct traffic or 'not set' or something like that.

Here is a link that has some helpful info on this topic: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

My thought would be to check the autotagging and check to make sure that your site doesn't remove the gclid parameter, and see if that fixes the issue.

Hope this is helpful.
Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alex,

Many thanks for your extensive answer. Autotagging should be enabled, but how can I check if GCLID parameters are removed?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Paolo,

You have mentioned that since few days this issue has caused, were you getting all this data before this span?

Also, if only some links were not working and adwords account was not suspended. In fact if there was data in terms of clicks then these metrics must be available for the properly running links.

Only linking of both the accounts is not enough, you need to enable auto-tagging(from GA account).

Also check the property settings within GA account whether "all website data tracking is selected and Allow manual tagging (UTM values) to override auto-tagging (GCLID values) is not opted.

Further within your adwords account, go the setting tab >> linked accounts >> Google Analytics >> edit >> select import site metrics >> save.

import ga goals.jpg

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Paolo,

This article describes how to check if it is working: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2938246?hl=en

Regards,
Alex