AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

No option to add a Google Forwarding number to my Adwords Campaigns.

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Google missing forwarding nubmer option.GIFCall Extension Screen

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This is a change in the UI.

The UI has changed: if you choose "reporting on" this means that a Google forwarding number will in place. I agree that  with the past  format, which included a visible text, explaining  that, the confusion  would be avoided. See full reply here;

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/show-my-ad-with-a-google-fo...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Not applicable
# 2
Not applicable

From the image you cans see there's no option to add a Google Forwarding Number. Is this option still available? If so how do I add these to my campaigns?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Are you trying to add the number as a call extension;

Follow the detailed instructions in this help article:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

UPDATE: there are other reports about this issue. This could be a bug.

Case is escalated to engineers at Google to investigate;

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This is a change in the UI.

The UI has changed: if you choose "reporting on" this means that a Google forwarding number will in place. I agree that  with the past  format, which included a visible text, explaining  that, the confusion  would be avoided. See full reply here;

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/show-my-ad-with-a-google-fo...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't see the option or explanation for Google call forwarding numbers anymore. Could someone please point me in the right direction.