AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

No impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have a questions about conversion tracking. We have a campaign running for 7 months and everything is ok. On the 29/06 we activated the conversion tracking and our impressions started to decrease, until the 2/07 when there were no impressions at all. Same on the 3rd. On the 4th impressions have increased and the numbers of clicks is back to what we had before.

We did not make other changes than to activate the conversion tracking. Do you know if there is a link between the activation of it and the impressions? If not do you have any idea of what could have happen?

Thanks for your answer.

Claire

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: No impressions

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Strange.

I hate to state the obvious here but is your data statistically significant? 

i.e, You're talking about at least a few hundred or thousand impressions going missing right? It's not like you really have 10 daily impressions and one click on average and then on those days they dropped down to nothing right?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 12
Top Contributor
I really wish I had an answer for you. Nothing on the AdWords known/Fixed issues thread and you're the first I've seen mention it here.

Perhaps if you contact AdWords support and see if they can shed some light?

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Claire,
That's unusual.

The only thing I can think of now is that you may have enabled conversion optimizer. Did you do this? (I doubt this though as it's probably not available if you only turned conversion tracking on but worth a try).

Did you check your budget?
Did it run out and there was a problem with your card those times?

Rob
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Rob
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Claire, 

As Dave has said it doesn't seem likely that the issue was caused by the conversion tracking being activated. Have you used the ad preview tool to ensure that your ads are eligble to be displayed? If you ads arent showing it should give you an indication of what to do 

Rob 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Claire,

Impression has nothing to do with conversion tracking activation. However, its interesting to know that after conversion tracking activation you start to lose impressions until 3rd. I hope it could any other reason like you may have low budget, there could be holiday in your GEO target location etc.

Regards

Brijesh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your answer. I checked and all our ads are eligible and approved. I will keep on looking,

Claire

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your answer. I checked the budget and everything seems fine there. We pay by automatic payment. Three time per month we pay £500. Our last payment was on the 30th June and was successful. So we had £1500 in credit and we had £1354 in debit on the 30th June.

And we did not enable the conversion optimizer.

I really don't understand what happened and now it's back to normal.

Thanks again, I will let you inform if I find what happened

Claire

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Claire,

Can you see if anything was changed by checking the change history tool?

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454137

If someone had access to your account and changed something, you'll see it there.

Also, you might want to check the intelligence events in Analytics to see if there's anything there that might explain it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brijesh,

thanks for your answer.I checked everything I think it could have been and did not find anything. Our budget was ok.

Claire

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I checked the change history tool and the only change is:

- Account was updated.
Conversion Tracking activated
- Conversion Type was updated.
Conversion Category Id changed from 0 to 1
Status changed from Hidden to Enabled

We had not set up the event tracking on analytics so I don t see anything. But I will creat alerts for the future
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Strange.

I hate to state the obvious here but is your data statistically significant? 

i.e, You're talking about at least a few hundred or thousand impressions going missing right? It's not like you really have 10 daily impressions and one click on average and then on those days they dropped down to nothing right?