AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

No data on Analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,
I'm posting as a new topic a question i've previously asked on someone's question, who had a similar problem.

I had my AdWords visits merged with "natural" visits. Hence, i can't properly tracks my campaigns on Ananlytics.

There are facts I can share:

• Auto tag is enable
  • AdWords & Analytics are linked. I have access to Analytics as admin
  • On my Analytics report (Acquisition > AdWords) I have the campaigns report but with a bounce rate at 0% (while on my AdWords reports, I have the correct bounce rate)
  • When I look at the Analytics traffic overview, I don’t have Paid traffic (while it is stated that there is a traffic from the AdWords section)
  • When I look at the data from Google AdWords, it retrieves bounce rate and number of page views from Analytics.
  • There is no filter on Analytics
  • I’m using Tag manager. When I look at my landing page with the extension Google tag Assistant, it’s all green.

Does anyone has a suggestion?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No data on Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Are you getting the data like sessions, average time duration,% new visits for the AdWords campaigns that you are advertising in analytics or not? Also, does it say data as not set OR are you getting the campaigns name and other information?

How about bounce rate from other traffic sources?

Also make sure that you are looking at the correct property when you say that you have linked it to AdWords?

Are you running multiple analytics codes on your website or a single code?

Read this help center doc for more insights : https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034316

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

No data such as sessions, clicks etc...
On the Acquisition > AdWords, campaigns are mentioned with clicks. But no session or other things like that.

Concerning other sources, it's working. Got my bounce rate, number of sessions etc...

I've double check the property and the account is linked to the correct property.
I've also double checked regarding filters, and there isn't any.

Strange...

AdWords Campaigns   Google Analytics.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Can you confirm if this is correct what I understood here: When you review analytics data under AdWords account, it gives correct figures, but at the sametime, there is no data in Google Analytics for AdWords campaigns. Is that correct?

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Does your website use redirect?
If so, check if it's properly transferring gclid parameter.

For example if you're redirecting from example.com to www.example.com you can go in your browser to example.com?gclid=test and check if after redirection you can see gclid=test parameter in address bar.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Pankaj > Yes I confirm...

Campaign Management – Google AdWords.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Tomasz : Yes, the website uses redirection.
The redirection works and I send internet users directly to the correct page (no redirection in this case)
Thanks !