AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

No conversions for display campaigns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

We've got several search network campaigns running - all doing pretty well, getting a decent number of clicks and conversions. We've just branched out into display campaigns as well. 

Our first display campaign targets Youtube specifically with banners, and targets only videos + people that have interest in our company. We've got over 4.5m impressions, 3.5K clicks, but no conversions. 

Our conversion tracking is through Analytics. Is it possible that our display campaign is not tracking conversions somehow? Is there any way to test this? 

Thanks, 

Sean

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sean D
October 2015

Re: No conversions for display campaigns?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Sean D;

I would then pause targeting YT and focus on targeting placements  (if you know a specific website relevant to the business) or topics. (See my previous post)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
Verify using tag assistant that your conversion code is active;
Based on past experience, I "feel" that the issue here could be  the landing page, which is not structured to convert traffic coming   from display.

Could you share the landing page?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again @Sean D

Well... Those are niche products: you should narrow the targeting methods. (Which targeting methods are you using)?) 

I would also set different campaigns with a different landing page for each category.

Your section  of products on the landing page are quite broad. The user should land on a relevant page to the product searched.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm targeting YouTube specifically - using topics & display keywords relevant to the site, such as HiFi, Tube Amp, or Vacuum Tube.

I know it's not a super optimized campaign, but my intent was to "test the waters" and get some initial data before cracking down and hammering out some quality campaigns. However, the fact that nearly a month has passed and it hasn't seen a single conversion alarms me a little, and makes me wonder if something is amiss with the code or the way it's implemented/interacts with display campaigns.

I've used Tag Manager and verified that our analytics code is active. I assume your line of thinking is we simply haven't had a sale from the youtube ads, and that's why no conversions are showing?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hmm... This is an interesting case...

Does tag manager report back an active tag?

How is the search campaign doing? Do you get nice conversions (on search)

Honestly, for this type of niche business (engineering / technical/ medical products), I recommend clients to target only specific placements  (i.e. Websites) relevant to the business. For example: leading hi-fi blogs, leading Tube Amp websites.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, tag manager is reporting an active tag. Our search campaigns do pretty well, generating between .96% - 3.66% conversion/click rate. One search campaign is generating 41 conversions for 2798 clicks. Our youtube display campaign has 3557 clicks so far, with 0 conversions.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sean D
October 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Sean D;

I would then pause targeting YT and focus on targeting placements  (if you know a specific website relevant to the business) or topics. (See my previous post)

No conversions for display campaigns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you find a solution for this problem ? we are having the same problem Smiley Sad