AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

No Cookie information for Website Call Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having an issue with call tracking on a website. When I click on the add and look at Tag Assistant on the website it says everything is all good but reports "No Cookie information for Web Call Metrics"  and the number does not change on the website. 

It's my understanding that there needs to be a cookie in order for the number to change. I'm certain I have it setup correctly in AdWords; do I need a cookie for it to work and if so why isn't there a cookie?

Re: No Cookie information for Website Call Tracking

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Benjamin J

is the website using Wordpress?  Wordpress and certain plugins can sometimes strip all or parts of javascript making things like the tag and number rewrite function not work correctly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I've tried with all the plugins disabled and the Tag Assistant says everything is working properly but the number is still not being swapped out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has found a resolution to this problem? I am in the same situation, I have installed the call tracking code on my clients website, in AdWords it is saying that the code is active however the number is not changing on the site when accessed via an AdWords ad. In Tag Assistant I am getting the same message "No Cookie information for Website Call Tracking". 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue. 

No solutions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Sam,

We implemented the code using Google Tag Manager instead and it seemed to work. Give that a go, also try deleting the click to call extensions and add it in again. I know it sounds weird but we got it to work in the end.

Cheers,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I continue to have issues with some sites but I don't think it has anything to do with the "No Cookie information for Web Call Metrics" because I have other sites where that comes up but the number changes. One thing that is different is on the sites that do not work the meta data mentions the Element ID of the class to switch out the phone number. On the sites where it does work that element ID is not mentioned even though it is used to switch out the phone number. I still have no idea why it works on some sites but not on other sites that are set up the exact same way.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm also having the same issue with one of my sites. I followed the same procedure with other sites and it worked fine. Just this one site and in the Tag Assistant it says "No Cookie information for Web Call Metrics". Did anyone figure out what the error is?