AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

No Analytics Column for Display Keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am not sure if I am missing something or if the feature doesn't exist, but I am trying to add my analytics data in google adwords to the display keywords. Yes, my accounts are linked on both sides. I know I can look at the data in Analytics but I want to add a customer column in Adwords.

-Geoff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: No Analytics Column for Display Keywords?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear about it.

The idea is for you to use the code {placement} on your URL, that way, you will receive the placement from where the user came, and you will be able to check your data INSIDE Analytics.

Google ValueTrack is for Adwords data only, not GA.

You could use something like this as URL:
mysite.comm.br?gdn_site={placement}, where {placement} will be automatticaly replaced with the GDN website URL.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Geoffrey,,

I don't think Analytics data support keywords for Display Network inside Adwords. You can notice that columns like "Bounce Rate" usually don't appear for Display tabs.

One important thing is that the keywords are used to search for a publisher website within GDN, so you should look for PLACEMENTS analysis instead of keyword for GDN.

One thing you can do is to use Google ValueTrack to pass {placement} on your URL to then measure this inside Analytics. Learn more about ValueTrack here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the info.

I just looked through all the configurable parameters for ValueTrack, but I don't see one for visit duration. Anyways, I can pull the data from Google Analytics.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear about it.

The idea is for you to use the code {placement} on your URL, that way, you will receive the placement from where the user came, and you will be able to check your data INSIDE Analytics.

Google ValueTrack is for Adwords data only, not GA.

You could use something like this as URL:
mysite.comm.br?gdn_site={placement}, where {placement} will be automatticaly replaced with the GDN website URL.