AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Newly created conversion action unavailable for selection

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Currently setting up the new website call conversion tracking via the 'destructions' on this page

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054#calls_from_websites

I've created the new conversion action and selected the option - 

Calls to a Google forwarding number on your website

When I created it

However my new conversion action is not appearing under the Call Extension > Advanced options when creating a new call extension or if trying to edit an existing one

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks
Whims

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Newly created conversion action unavailable for selection

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Whims,

Great to see someone using the new feature straight away. With regards to your question though I am a little confused. The new tracking feature is for a call forwarding number on your website, not your ad. Call extensions are for your ad, so why are you expecting them to be listed under your call extensions? Or are we just using different terminology here.

Are you referring to ad call extensions?
What exactly are you looking to do?

Hopefully we can sort this out quickly! Smiley Tongue

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hey B.
Clynton is right, call extensions are actually something completely different. Confusingly similar terminology but different things.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi, :-)

Yes I am aware that call extensions are generally used for click to call ads,

having said that -

(unfortunately trying to copy and paste the relevant text is a bit of a pita so am taking a screen shot from this page https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054#calls_from_websites )

So though the help center instructions state an active call extension is required, does it mean I simply need to have a call extension active with the correct ph#, yet there is no need to associate the created conversion action with the associated call extension?

websitecalls.jpg

Thanks
Whims :-)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Just to add to this, when the new conversion is created, on the tab with the conversion tracking code, below the code box it says the following -

"Once you've added the Conversion Tracking code to your site, you need to configure your call extensions to enable this conversion action."