AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

New in conversion tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi guys,

im new in adwords, installing a conversion tracking code few days ago and i wanted to know how this thing really working? im still in the middle of nowhere so i hope someone will help me with this.

thank you in advance and god bless

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New in conversion tracking code

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Alfred, how are things?

Assuming you installed your conversion code correctly on something like a "Thank you" page, you should receive conversions whenever someone entered on your website through an Ad from Adwords, and then reached out that page with the conversion code.

The conversion code have some information and ID related to your account. Whenever someone clicks on your ads, the browser of that user will store a cookie also related to your account, and when the user reach the page containing the conversion track code, Google will check if the ID from the cookie match the ID from the conversion code.

You can check some information about you conversion tracking code by using a plugin on Chrome called Google Tag Assistant.

You can also check this page for more information: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en

Hope this helps.
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i wish that someone will help me walk-through all the steps and teach every
step of the way until i fully understand the system or the process of this
code tracking. thank you

Sincerely,

Alfred A

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Alfred, I didn't quite get what exactly you need to understand. Do you mean a step-by-step on how to install the code or a step-by-step on how it works?
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
>From step 1 onwards