AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

New URL, Editor 11 and Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the new editor version 11 I have a problem with exporting text ads, due to an error in the URL.

Until today, I used the following settings destination URLs so that I can easily analyze traffic in Google Analytics.

Visible URL: www.mycompany.com
Target URL:http://www.mycompany.com/myproduct.html?utm_source=CPC&utm_medium=AdWords&utm_content=Products&utm_c...

It is now 11 Editor reports the error: Invalid URL.

I need advice on how to modify the destination URL address and most importantly how to edit csv file for import into Google Editor 11

Thanks.

Re: New URL, Editor 11 and Analytics

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi.

First of all you don't need utm parameters in AdWords ads if you connect your AdWords account with Google Analytics and turn on auto-tagging. In that case all information will be sent directly from AdWords to Analytics account and you can remove all utm parameters from urls.

And about CSV file you can simply replace "Destination URL" field with "Final URL" and then import it do AdWords Editor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I do not use auto-tagging because they analyze advertisements from servers other than Google and I have my own parameters.

I need to know how to modify the target URL address so that I could import it into AdWords.

Thanks.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pišta H
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you have same parametrs for all ads in campaign (with value track parameters for dymanic params) you can set a tracking template in campaign settings under Campaign URL options (advanced) like this:

{lpurl}&utm_source=CPC&utm_medium=AdWords&.....&campaign_id={campaignid}&adgroup_id={adgroupid}&ad_id={creative}&keyword={keyword}.....

And then remove all parameters from URL's and copy them to final url.

But if your dynamic params changes depends on ads and they are not associated with value track params you have to set tracking tamplates on ads level or just copy your destination url to final url.

In last scenario you can use Upgrade Destination URLs option from Edit menu on Ads tab.

You can read more about tracking URL options here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6076199?hl=en