AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

New Call Tracking Feature - Local or Toll Free

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

For the new Call Tracking feature that AdWords released (http://adwords.blogspot.ca/2014/08/introducing-website-call-conversions.html), my client wanted to make sure the phone number that shows on her website is a local number. I know typically the call tracking numbers Google uses are toll-free. Is there any way to change that?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Call Tracking Feature - Local or Toll Free

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi JoyHawkins,

Google Forwarding numbers are not always toll free. Mostly for UK, it is equivalent to a local number whereas for Australia, France, Germany, Spain, US), it may be a toll-free number. For more info on how Google Forwarding number works, visit here.

To setup, the new call tracking feature that helps to track calls from your website even after the ad click, visit here

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JoyHawkins
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
"To ensure this experience is seamless, you can customize the look and feel of these numbers to match your website, including: color, font, and size."

Nothing about local vs. toll free numbers. If you're in the US, then it will definitely be a toll free number.
Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I'm also looking for an answer to this question. Based in the UK, calls to 03 numbers are low cost to consumers and mobile friendly. Calls to 08 numbers from Mobile are very expensive and we will lose a lot of calls if the prefix is 08.