AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

New Adwords parameters being tracked in Analytics?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Starting June 8, 2012, I started seeing URLs like this in my Google Analytics "Landing Pages" report:

/?ai=C3vTWR2zWT9v4JoOa8wTgsKCwBbnH-5oCka7guzvx2PWAfggAEAMoA1Dx8ISvAWDJhv-H8KPsEqABhImD_wPIAQGqBBtP0N0lJ8KCFV3JDBNWQpQTbM1GCmljk9pnnr0&sig=AOD64_0Neis6FaAWwOoQiR__x4S1hKT1Kw&ved=0CBgQ0Qw&adurl=http://www.mydomain.com/&rct=j&q=[search query]

The source for these URLs is "google" and the medium is "cpc", so these visits are from Adwords.

Why is this happening? How can I fix it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Adwords parameters being tracked in Analytics?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
did you manually tag any of your destination url's in your adwords ads?

Looks like you have added the &adurl=".....&rct=j&q=[search query]

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Are you using a tracking software at the backend that tags all your URLs in order to track certain parameters?

Heta
- Paid Search Marketing | www.convonix.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Kim: I just double-checked the destination URL for all of my Adwords ads pointed to my site. None of them contain these or any other URL parameters.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Heta: The only tracking software that is active on the site is Google Analytics.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

are you using adsense?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Kim: No, we're not using Adsense.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Are you targeting the display network?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Kim: No, just Google search.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

thanks for the info.  Well, if you have checked all your dest URL's in the ads and do not see any added parameters then I suggest that you contact Google support and see if they have any ideas.  See the Contact AdWords link at the upper right corner of these community pages.