AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Negative value for "Estimated added clicks per week"

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to take some decisions based on the new columns "Estimated added clicks per week for the Top of page Bid" , and the cost for these.

The interesting fact I have stumbled upon is that for a keyword it gives me negative values, as if when I will increase the bid to "Top of page" I will actually get less clicks than now Smiley Happy

How is this possible ? The daily budget is 2 times the spending of the campaign so it is not a problem of budget.

Please see below , currently my avg. cpc is 0.1 , the top of page bid is 0.6 and the Est. Add. clicks/wk is minus 30 :

The keyword is in simple broad match.

estimated-added-click-per-week-with-minus.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Negative value for "Estimated added clicks per week"

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hey Adrian,

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm going to dig a little deeper into why you are seeing negatives. 

Re: Negative value for "Estimated added clicks per week"

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I made a filter for Bid simulator >> Est. add. cost /wk (top page bid) with values <0 and it shows me 8 keywords from 189 in a campaign and in another campaign I have 10 keywords with negative values out of 420. To rule out the daily budget i multiplied it 3 times ,waited for a while and ran the simulation again .

It is not very important I am just curious how the bid simulation works Smiley Happy