AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Negative keywords to remarketing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi There,

As we can set up negative keyword list in search campaign, similarly can we set up negative keywords in display Remarketing too? Is it possible to set up negative keywords over there in display Remarketing?

Also, if yes, what would be an ideal way to find out all the negative keywords for any business services related keywords?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Negative keywords to remarketing

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vijaylakshmi

This user had a similar question to yours:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/How-to-use-negative-remarketing-lis...

I hope this helps

Jorge

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

As far I am concerned, Display Re-marketing can not be done with the help of keywords and even you can not limit the audiences on the basis of keywords in display remarketing.
You can create custom remarketing list by selecting visitors on specific URLs.

Though you can use negative keywords and site categories exclusion in display campaigns.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Vijaylakshmi,

Yes, you can add negative keywords in a remarketing campaign by going to the Display Network tab > Display keywords under the row of tabs > +Exclusions at the bottom of the page. This would prevent your remarketing ads from appearing on pages which contain those keywords. You will just want to be cautious and not add too many negative keywords at once so that you do not limit potential good traffic or conversions.

There is no one source for possible negative keywords, though I'm sure with some searching on the web you could pull together a list from what others have found.

Hope this helps!
Cassie