Need help with GDN.overwhelmed confused and totally lost
I'll try to make this as short as possible.Most of my problems are with GDN.
Q1: how can I track conversions of the display network? Can't see this campaign conversion report under the search funnel.only showing details for the other search campaign.I want to find out which placements are converting and converting what (Have 3 types of conversions)>
Q2; Category exclusions.one day they were all showing traffic and suddenly when I needed to exclude certain categories all fields became BLANK no history.Now its useless.what happened and how can it be fixed?
Q3 in GA under Acquisition Adwords bid adjustments....A BIG SURPRISE. Discrepancy between clicks and visits.I know I read it all.its only 10% in search ads (acceptable) 15% for tablets in display ads (acceptable) 30% in mobiles for display ads (not a killer) BUT 50% for computers IS A BIG BIG PROBLEM since most of my display network clicks are coming from PCs.what Could be the reason for this horrible difference? and why PCs and not other devices? My targeting is contextual and interest based.
I see 70% bounce rate in display network and trying to exclude bad performing placements....but what is my criteria for removing any? low ctr, simply high bounce rate or conversions.I thought I can have rules like a number of clicks with a high bounce rate along with zero conversions at any placement should alert for its exclusion.But how many clicks are enough to judge that this is not a good placement (if this placement getting more than 70% bounce rate).But what if this placement while showing a 70% or more bounce rate provides good conversions? so now I need to know which placements provides the highest conversions and which type of conversions....but I can't find this detailed report anywhere in adwords.Now I can't even exclude placements.don't have a sound criteria to judge them.I really need help with those questions and an advise on a solid criteria to exclude placements (Automatic) .Many Thanks in Advance.
1) You track conversions on Display the same way you do on search--by putting conversion code on the correct page of your website. When you want to know which websites are converting, you check the Display tab of your campaign and choose the Placements option. There you can see performance data for the sites where your ads have gotten clicks (or been shown) and one of the columns you can add is for conversion data.
2) I'm not sure what happened to your categories data. Can you explain more specifically what you're seeing?
3) Again, I'm not getting your specific question. What metric are you looking at when you talk about discrepancies? You mention PC, tablet, and mobile ads. Then you mention computers. I'm confused....
More generally, this question seems to be about bounce rates? If that's what you're trying to ask about, then remember that your bounce rate is very closely related to your keywords/ads and your landing page. You need to step back, take a look at your keywords/targeting and how closely they're aligned with your ad text, then take a hard look at your landing page to see if it fulfills whatever 'promise' is offered by the ads.
Aside from that, I'll say that Display advertising is generally much less precise than search marketing and thus lower performance metrics are common.
Google AdWords Top Contributor
Re: Need help with GDN.overwhelmed confused and totally lost
1) I can see conversions column (1/click) under display/placements but its only a number and doesn't show which type of conversion it was.I have 3 types of conversions - Inquiry - newsletter sign-up and Appointment requests. So in the column I can see numbers but it doesn't tell me which conversion came from which placement.I find it strange that this level of detail is available in the search funnel for search ads but not display or at least for me I cannot see display campaign in the search funnel.The conversion code is there and working for both campaigns search and display.
2) When I choose to exclude categories a window pops up with all the different categories with different columns showing number of clicks ctr impressions etc.10 days ago it showed these numbers for a number of categories.now all I can see is zeros for those which were not targeted before and dashes for those which were targeted before and had impressions and conversions.something deleted all the numbers.
3)Clicks/visits discrepancies as shown in Google Analytics when clicking bid adjustments (under Adwords traffic). It shows that half of my clicks coming from Computers (And not mobile devices and tablets) are WASTED and/or are not counted as visits.Those "computer" clicks are 2/3 of my total Adwords campaign Clicks.so losing 50% of it is a big issue. what could be the reason behind that? why PCs specifically and only under display campaign metrics shows this huge difference between clicks and visits?.Search campaign is showing only 10% difference between clicks and visits.
I hope I explained better this time
As per my knowledge solution for your problems:
1) Conversions of the display network:
After reading your concern i find that you talk about Google analytics Goal conversion tracking. It's simply and fact that there is no option for checking conversion from placement url. But if you have in hand experience on Google Analytics you can drill down content report you get what you want or use customized report tab and generate report as like you want. You also doing same thing with your adword account with specific campaign setting ad customized columns related conversion.
2) Category exclusions:
About second problem faced by you is regarding to Browser bug, when you update or modify your account setting and other things, use Google chrome current version, it will help you. One more just sign out your account and re-login it. I am sure this problem will be fixed automatically.
3) Exclude Bad Performing Placements:
As I mentioned in first point about placement performance (Conversion) use this technique to check your performance of all placements. About the second issue in same question is how can remove placement. No where any type of predefined rules on how can remove it. It is totally depends on you. For checking performance of placement take account of three major aspects in Google analytics:- A) Bounce Rate 2) Avg. Duration on site. C) Clicks and impression (CTR) for the placement. Check it performance of placement on this basis you will definitely get desired result.
If you have any further doubt regarding this, reply me ! or if you find this is perfect solution for your problem just mark this solution as an accepted solution then other people can use it.