AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Need Remarketing Tag without CDATA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My website platform does not support CDATA code. Is there an alternative code that I can use to set up remarketing for my website that does not have CDATA in it? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Spinell H

You could use Google Analytics to build your remarketing list. The code for it does not contain CDATA. You can read up on that here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611268?hl=en

Another possible option would be to install Google Tag Manager, and plug your Adwords remarketing code in there.  Google Tag Manager is a complex tool and there will be a learning curve for it.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Spinell H,

CDATA stands for Character Data and it means that the data in between these strings includes data that could be interpreted as XML markup, but should not be.

Maybe you could provide a little more information about this. What's your platform? Where and how are you trying to add the code to your pages?

If your website platform truly doesn't support CDATA, just remove those 2 lines of code that have CDATA in them.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords