AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Need Help with Advertising Features data with Google Analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I just have a quick question about a Google notice / warning message...

Under Google Analytics itself it has the following warning message:

"In order to use Advertising Features like Demographics and Interest reports, Remarketing, GDN Impression Reporting, and DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, Advertising Features data has to be collected from hits that are sent from your website. By default, hits sent from a website tagged with the Google Analytics tracking code will not include Advertising Features data. However, you can configure your Google Analytics web property settings to allow hits to include this data.

Property (website) is configured to use one or more Advertising Features, but it isn't including Advertising Features data with hits.

If hits sent to your web property do not include Advertising Features data, you won't be able to use Advertising Features.

To include Advertising Features data with Google Analytics hits, open Property Settings and then set Enable Advertising Features to ON."

We don't have advertising on the website and probably don't need that. Enable Advertising Features is currently OFF.
However, Enable Demographics and Interest Reports was turned ON.

I'm just wondering why Google Analytics is asking for me to enable it? I turned on this feature for the sake of doing it.. What are implications for turning on this feature? What exactly it will help to track? Will it make any changes it google analytics script?

Thanks,
B.Dhivya. 
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhivya M
September 2015

Re: Need Help with Advertising Features data with Google Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Dhivya,

Have you tried seeking help on the GA product forum?

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Need Help with Advertising Features data with Google Analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

Thanks for posting about GA forum. I will seek help from there.

Dhivya