AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Mystery conversion value

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all. 

I have conversion tracking set up with two conversions:

- Purchase

- Contact page visit.

Only the first has a conversion value assigned to it in the Settings. The second doesn't and never has.

A couple of weeks ago, something odd happened: I had a value of 1.0 appear in the Total Conv. Value field for the Contact page visit conversion.

Can anyone suggest how this might have happened or what it means?

Just wondering if it's a bug, or a feature that I'm not aware of.

Thanks.

Re: Mystery conversion value

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Community users,

Anyone here ready to help our friend swebber?

Thanks,
Mini

I am still waiting for someone else to report this. If not,

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for replying Mini. Judging by the lack of responses I guess this might be a bug so I'll contact Adwords support and check with them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

we have seen this across all our MCC accounts yesterday, so it must be a bug and not client specific error. Was the problem resolve on your end and did they fix it it retroactively? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Daniel. I never got around to contacting Adwords support about this. As the value was only 1.0 and as it only occurred the once, I decided to let it go. If it was a larger value or occurred more than once (or on several accounts) I would have followed it up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey, I found out that a lot of other advertisers suffered the same last week, so you should check your accounts to see if it happened again. In any case the rumor is Google is not going to backfill those those values, but no official response yet.