AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

My first campaign, please advise how can I improve it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I setup a campaign name "Magento Services" last week on 23rd January. 

The bidding Strategy I selected was  Maximize Click with budget of around $15 (Local Currency = PKR 1,500)

It was for a week and ended on 29th Jan.

The result was :

Clicks 18  on 5 Keywords whereas I inserted 29 Keywords out of these 22 got impressions.

Max. CPC per Keyword was " auto : PKR86" Please advise me what "auto" meant here.

Total Impr. 783

CTR 2.30%

Avg. CPC : PKR53

Cost : PKR954

Avg. Pos. = highest was 3.8 and lowest was 1.0

This I believe isn't a good one, may be Im wrong.

Please advise me as this was my very first campaign and how should I improve it to get more result. 

Thanks...

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I believe that spending a week would be too early for any of the results. AdWords is about experimentation and you need to give time to the system so that you start seeing optimal results.

To the best of my understanding Auto means that you have selected auto bid strategy where AdWords system is going to be change the bids and show the ads during the ad auction automatically.

To improve your results you need to invest more time and experiment with different AdWords features one by one to get closer to the results that you are looking for.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj,

Can you please advise, what's the maximum timeline to run the campaign  ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Few of the questions you should be asking yourself before you invest into AdWords:-

1. What is the business objective that you are trying to achieve while investing in AdWords?

2. Do you want to run it for branding or for real ROI?

3. Do you have the supporting website/landing pages for the service/product you are trying to promote online?

Based on that when you are clear with your goals, you can start investing towards AdWords. My suggestion would be to run it for atleast 15 days and see what are the actual search terms for which your ads have shown. Also, I am not sure what type of keywords matching options you have tried in the past and whether you need to review and change them or not. Beyond this, you could try remarketing and re-target people who were interested in the past and visited your website.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

In addition of what Pankaj has said, I would suggest you start with manual bidding first instead of going Auto bidding, as you have very small budget, so try to experiment with manual bidding. 

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Rakesh...

What should be the maximum budget for Auto ? Please advise, thanks...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj,

The answer to the following :

1. What is the business objective that you are trying to achieve while investing in AdWords?

I want visitors to contact me on the services I'm providing. 

My services include Magento Development.

2. Do you want to run it for branding or for real ROI?

ROI.

3. Do you have the supporting website/landing pages for the service/product you are trying to promote online?

Yes, I do have.

Please advise what will be the best practise to run a successful campaign as Rakesh suggested manual bidding will be perfect.

Thanks...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Hamza S, based on your answer, I would recommend you to enable the manual bidding. 

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay Rakesh,

I setup as you advise.

Right now on my majority keywords its saying " Below first page bid

First page bid estimate: PKR476 " However my set bid for each keyword is "PKR65"

Please advise Rakesh, Pankaj and others, thanks...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Rakesh And Pankaj,

I started my second campaign based on your advise. I received 23 clicks but I haven't received any single query. 

This is my page http://www.aalogics.com/magento-service and according to google analystics bounce ratio is 75%

I believe the google isn't posting the ad to the right audience or might be my page doesn't impress the visitor.

Can you please advise me how I can convert the visitor in to lead ?

Thanks...