AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

My first Goal Funnel Report Needs Checkup

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have setup my first funnel conversion tracking month ago, but I am not sure if what I see is "normal" or I need to solve some problems. It seems like I have a problem with the "basket"... Any ideas where the problem is....? Please take a look Smiley Happy Feel free to make trial orders if you were so kind - the address of the site is neonica(dot)eu (just cancel them after making please).

Zrzut ekranu 2015-07-27 19.40.00.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kasia I
September 2015

Re: My first Goal Funnel Report Needs Checkup

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Kasia,

I am in the US, so my perspective is going to be different because I am not aware of EU situations or what is considered normal.

Looking at the Check out page, the alarming thing I saw was the cost per shipping. I picked one item that ended up being 17.56 EU

LED Strip NEONICA 3528 - 150 LED
Voltage: 12V Colour: warm white
€14.28 €17.56

However it cost me 19.99 EU to ship, making the shipping more expensive then the product I wanted. If this was the US, I would look for something local and Drive to the store or look for another Online with Better shipping rates.

As far as your Funnel. 77 added 17 Bought which is 22% purchase rate, which is a bit low, I would expect a range of 40-60% of add to cart to purchase.

The check out process seems fine, the only thing to me is the high Shipping cost, but I have no idea if that is the norm for the EU.

In my shopping cart experience, we have either free shipping at X amount of spend, or it is based upon the distance that can start at 5,95 USD and increase based upon distance. We also offer 3 different shipping option in the US. FEDX / UPS which is 3 day and more expensive or or US Postal post that starts at 5,95 and goes to max about 11 ish ( it if fits it ships boxes)

Maybe our Euro member can chime in

@AdWiser
@Dave_Davis
@Jon_Gritton
@stickleback

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

the basket checkout (place-an-order) page that asks
for personal information such as name, address, email,
phone-number, etc, seems not to be ssl/https secure.

although collecting financial or credit information is almost
always expected to be done securely; generally, collecting
any personal or sensitive information that is not https/ssl
protected can be a major red-flag with respect to conversions.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Kasia
I think your problem is a combination of what Eric and Celebird mentioned. In fact, I'm certain.

There's going to be other issues (like menu leakage, tire kickers, coupon hunters, competitors etc.) so you'll never have 100% on the first step, but if you implement the recommendations already given, it will improve a lot.

Remember, just because you have a website and a funnel, doesn't mean that your product (or product image) or terms of the sale (including security) are any good. A good way I like to test sometimes is to ask my mother to find the site and buy something and record the screen while she's doing it. If you can do this with people unconnected to the business, they can offer some amazing insight. When we're working on a project for a long time, we can become blind to some of the obvious flaws.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Kasia,

I am in the US, so my perspective is going to be different because I am not aware of EU situations or what is considered normal.

Looking at the Check out page, the alarming thing I saw was the cost per shipping. I picked one item that ended up being 17.56 EU

LED Strip NEONICA 3528 - 150 LED
Voltage: 12V Colour: warm white
€14.28 €17.56

However it cost me 19.99 EU to ship, making the shipping more expensive then the product I wanted. If this was the US, I would look for something local and Drive to the store or look for another Online with Better shipping rates.

As far as your Funnel. 77 added 17 Bought which is 22% purchase rate, which is a bit low, I would expect a range of 40-60% of add to cart to purchase.

The check out process seems fine, the only thing to me is the high Shipping cost, but I have no idea if that is the norm for the EU.

In my shopping cart experience, we have either free shipping at X amount of spend, or it is based upon the distance that can start at 5,95 USD and increase based upon distance. We also offer 3 different shipping option in the US. FEDX / UPS which is 3 day and more expensive or or US Postal post that starts at 5,95 and goes to max about 11 ish ( it if fits it ships boxes)

Maybe our Euro member can chime in

@AdWiser
@Dave_Davis
@Jon_Gritton
@stickleback

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

the basket checkout (place-an-order) page that asks
for personal information such as name, address, email,
phone-number, etc, seems not to be ssl/https secure.

although collecting financial or credit information is almost
always expected to be done securely; generally, collecting
any personal or sensitive information that is not https/ssl
protected can be a major red-flag with respect to conversions.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Kasia
I think your problem is a combination of what Eric and Celebird mentioned. In fact, I'm certain.

There's going to be other issues (like menu leakage, tire kickers, coupon hunters, competitors etc.) so you'll never have 100% on the first step, but if you implement the recommendations already given, it will improve a lot.

Remember, just because you have a website and a funnel, doesn't mean that your product (or product image) or terms of the sale (including security) are any good. A good way I like to test sometimes is to ask my mother to find the site and buy something and record the screen while she's doing it. If you can do this with people unconnected to the business, they can offer some amazing insight. When we're working on a project for a long time, we can become blind to some of the obvious flaws.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Eric Gehler - thanks for in-depth analysis, 19,99EU is more or less standard for the EU as far as shipment to another country is concerned - and this is the case for the site (factory in Poland, site for foreign users)
@Celebird - thanks - I didn't even notice the lack of https...
@Dave_Davis - thank you for (as usual) very interesting observations&suggestions Smiley Happy