AdWords
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

My account shows $28,497 in Adwords costs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently have started running very small test ads just to see what I can expect if I start using AdWords for my business. When I look at the analytics, the total clicks for all campaigns is 19,454 for a total cost of almost thirty thousand dollars. I haven't paid anywhere near that and fortunately Google hasn't sent a collector around - really just curious about why my account totals are so large. Are these projected estimates based on total search or something along those lines?

google-adwords.JPG

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Re: My account shows $28,497 in Adwords costs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gremlin,

The numbers refer to past performance, according to your time span setting which is "All time". The above is in fact an "All campaigns" report page that is set to "All enabled campaigns". Hence the current report does not display paused or deleted campaigns.

You are advised to please switch that drop-down (under the Campaigns tab) to "All" and then you'll also see how your old campaigns performed in the past before they were paused or removed. Chances are the new report page will be self explanatory. Come back here if it is not.

Best,
Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
That would have scared the heebie jeebies out of me!

Lakatos is right - this is what you've spent EVER on AdWords - these test ads have cost you $11.46

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As others here have mentioned this is for your all time spend. That dropdown under the Campaigns tab is "All Enabled Campaigns" click all campaigns in that dropdown and you'll see where the costs come from.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Lakatos (and All). I had a feeling it was something like - although I'm surprised even my all time spend is that high. I guess it adds up after a while!