AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple google analytics tracking codes on webpage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed that there has been no tracking data for my site and after using google tag manager, I discovered that there are 2 different google analytics tracking code registering on my page. one of them is not mines. How do I remove this from the site. I did not install but it appears all the tracking data for my site is reporting to another google analytics acct

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If the Analytics code is being delivered by GTM, then you can remove it from there.

If it the code is on your website itself, there are a number of places it could be. Are you using a CMS?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If the Analytics code is being delivered by GTM, then you can remove it from there.

If it the code is on your website itself, there are a number of places it could be. Are you using a CMS?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I don't believe its the tag manager because that was installed after the noticed there was an issue. I thought it would help but today after thinking about it i decided to use the Google tag assistant to record the web page and thats when i found the two google property ids and it recorded all the hits to that account. What is a CMS? I had shopify support check the page and now they have escalated it because they are only showing my google tracking id. Not sure where the other acct ID is coming from

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yep, if it isn't GTM, then it is within Shopify somewhere.